OLD SCHOOL OF THE DAY
Jacksonville #12 One-Room Schoolhouse
New Hampton, IA 50659
Locally known as Five Corners, the land for Adolph Munson Park was donated to Chickasaw County, Iowa, by Adolph Munson in 1957. The town of Jacksonville which no longer exists once stood at this site. This park has a couple old cabins moved here. A one-room school house and an old country store are maintained at Munson Park as a museum in Chickasaw County. The school was moved from 1/4 mile west so as to be part of the collection. These buildings are fitted with historical items. Munson Park is bordered by a split rail fence. Adolph Munson Park is located 3.5 miles north of New Hampton on Highway 63, and then 4.5 miles east on 170th St., the old Military Trail. The park is open year round. Appointments must be made with the Conservation Board to get into the buildings. Visitors must leave the park by 10:30 p.m.