OLD SCHOOL OF THE DAY
Oak Grove Lutheran Church school house
130 Hagenbuch Loop
Danville, Pennsylvania 17821
On June 3, 1869, Jacob Moser and his wife deeded one acre and 81 purchases of land to three trustees of Oak Grove Trinity Lutheran Church near Danville, a borough in and the county seat of Montour County, PA, for $ 400. The cornerstone was laid on June 5, 1869. Services were held in German and English on alternating Sundays. In 1952, renovations included the lower level being dug out. In 1957, the one room school house adjacent to the church was purchased for $700. The basement is currently the kitchen facilities and Sunday School area, and the school house is used for events throughout the year including an annual festival and rummage sale. A pavilion was added to the school house in 2012.