OLD SCHOOL OF THE DAY
606 W. Philadelphia St.
The Stevens School is a historic school building located at York in York County, Pennsylvania, that was designed by architect John A. Dempwolf and built in 1889-1890. The school is a 2 1/2-story, red-orange brick building in the Romanesque Revival style in the form of a Latin cross and has a slate covered hipped roof. It features terra cotta ornamentation and was named for Congressman Thaddeus Stevens (1792 – 1868). The building was converted to apartments and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.