OLD SCHOOL OF THE DAY
S. Old Grange Rd.
The Huguenot Schoolhouse, also known as District Schoolhouse No. 3, the 1863 Schoolhouse, and the Town of Deerpark Museum, is an old one room school that is located on South Old Grange Road, south of the junction of Old Grange and Big Pond Rds., a short distance from U.S. Rt. 209 in Huguenot, a hamlet of the Town of Deerpark in Orange County, New York. It was built in 1863, and is a large, one-story, Greek Revival style masonry building. It closed as a school in 1961, and currently serves as the Deerpark Museum, a local historic museum. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997, the only property in the town of Deerpark so recognized besides the remnants of the Delaware and Hudson Canal.