State Route 138
Buford is a town in central Clay Township, Highland County, Ohio. Although it is unincorporated, it once had a post office. It lies at the intersection of State Routes 134, 138, and 321. Buford was platted in 1834, and named after the maiden name of the wife of a first settler. After Clay Township voted to join with Lynchburg schools to form the Lynchburg-Clay School District, the Buford Elementary-High School, originally built in 1890, was closed in 2001 and is now the Buford Community Center.