Lake School, Coeur de Ville Park
581 Coeur de Ville Dr.
Creve Coeur, MO
Originally located on the south side of Olive Street road, just west of the intersection with Hog Hollow Road, in the crossroads settlement called Lake, Missouri, after the not-too-distant Creve Coeur Lake, Lake School was built in 1897. The Lake area is now part of the city of Chesterfield. The school was typical of the one-room buildings that were sufficient to meet the educational needs of many communities in the county until well into the twentieth century. After this frame building was replaced by a two-room brick one in 1925, it was moved nearby and used as a storehouse. Then in 1966 it was moved to Coeur de Ville Park, also called Lake School Park, Creve Coeur, MO, where, after restoration in 1967, it has become a museum of local school history. The School house is authentically furnished with old books, a pot-bellied stove, and 45 star flag.