The Old Red School outside of Boscobel, WI
The Old Red School is located in Grant County, WI, on Highway 61 between the cities of Fennimore and Boscobel, in the southwestern portion of the state. The physical address is 16624 Highway 61, Boscobel, WI 53805. It was built in 1864 and continued in use through 1962. An average of ten to twelve students attended the school each year, progressing from first through eighth grade. During the early days of the Old Red School, the school term would have been scheduled around planting and harvesting times so that students could work at home when needed and come to school the remainder of the year. Today this old school is lovingly cared for by citizens.