Hulsey Bend School, Oil Trough, AR
The Hulsey Bend School is a historic school building in rural southeastern Independence County, AR. It is located east of Oil Trough on Freeze Bend Road, about 0.7 miles north of Arkansas Highway 14. The single-story wood frame structure has a gable roof and weatherboard siding. The gabled ends each have an entrance, while the sides each have three windows. Built c. 1900, it is the best-preserved district schoolhouse in the Oil Trough area and believed to be the last in the county; it was used as a school until 1947. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999.