Old One Room School House, Andover, CT
Andover is a rural town in Tolland County, CT. The population was 3,303 at the 2010 census. Before the 17th century, the area around Andover served as the hunting and fishing grounds of native peoples such as the Nipmuck and Pequot. European settlement of the area began in the early 1700’s. By 1747 there were enough homesteads in the area to support an ecclesiastical society. The ecclesiastical society borders were the ones used 101 year later for the town. Andover was incorporated as the 146th town in Connecticut on May 18, 1848, from Hebron and Coventry. This chapel in Andover is half hiding behind a much larger church, and it seems that it was also a schoolhouse for a while, when it wasn’t being the library, Grange hall, or town meetinghouse.