The One Room Country Schoolhouse is located on Robinson Street in Carmi, IL 62821. It was built as either Randolph or Rudolph school around 1870, then was moved to town about 1994 by a group of retired teachers, and is now used as a museum. It is actually in the block down from the Matsel Cabin, and is behind the VFW. A visit here offers nostalgia for some and a history lesson for others and reminds us all that the “latest educational technology” used to be a blackboard and piece of chalk and a few textbooks to share. For more information, phone: 618/382-8425 or call alternate 618/382-2048.