BIBLICAL HOMESCHOOLING is a monthly newsletter of general interest, encouragement, and information for homeschooling Christians. Youl can subscribe by sending a blank e-mail to email@example.com and then following the instructions that will be sent, or by signing up on the web at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/biblicalhomeschooling/ .
Here is the table of contents for the August, 2013 (Volume 16, Number 1), edition:
HOME SCHOOL NEWSLETTER
Table of Contents
1. MENTALLY CHALLENGED TEEN FOUND HANDCUFFED TO POLE IN FATHER’S BASEMENT
By 41 Action News Staff (2/06/2013)
2. KANSAS CITY TEEN HANDCUFFED IN HIS BASEMENT IS RESCUED:
Northland 17-year-old, shivering and hungry, tells police he had been restrained for months.
By Christine Vendel, The Kansas City Star (February 6, 2013)
3. HANDCUFFED TEEN, FATHER APPEAR IN JUVENILE COURT AT CUSTODY HEARING
By Sarah Hollenbeck (2/07/2013)
4. ABUSE CASE RAISES CONCERNS ABOUT HOMESCHOOLING
By Lisa Benson (2/07/2013)
5. CHILD ABUSE IS A CRIMINAL ISSUE, NOT A HOMESCHOOL ISSUE
By Susan Ryan (February 8, 2013)
6. ONLINE HOMESCHOOLING
By Julie Clark, Home Educator’s Family Times Newsletter (Issue #116, 12/17/2012)
7, A NEW CHAPTER IN THE HOMESCHOOLING MOVEMENT:
Homeschooling families will thrive if they work together, not maroon themselves on separate islands.
By Michelle Van Loon, Christianity Today (Sept. 27, 2012)
8. “THE LORD HAS BEEN MINDFUL OF US”
by Wayne S. Walker
9. SAUL GOES TO TARSUS (Acts 9:29-31)
By Wayne S. Walker
10. HOMESCHOOLING? OH, I COULD NEVER DO THAT!
By Kathy Davis – Family Nurse Practitioner (March 24, 2013)
11. PLANNED PARENTHOOD GETS PRO-LIFE TEACHER, HOLDS SEX TOY CLASS
by Kristan Hawkins, Portland, OR, LifeNews.com (3/26/13)
12. PRESCHOOL MADNESS DROVE ME TO HOMESCHOOLING
by Rachel Figueroa-Levin (3/26/2013)
13. NO KID IS AN ISLANDN: Homeschool co-ops give social opportunities to children who learn at home
By Celia Baker, Deseret News (Wednesday, March 27 2013)
14. WHERE WE PITCH OUR TENTS
By Andy Diestelkamp
15. COULD DEMOCRATS END HOMESCHOOLING?
by Onan Coca (July 1, 2013)
16. JUSTICE DEPARTMENT: “TOLERANCE TRIUMPHS FREEDOM” — Department of Justice’s June 26 Brief to Sixth Circuit Argues against Romeike Rehearing
by Michael Farris Jr. (July 2, 2013)
17. UNDER ATTACK?
By Terry Bennett
18. SUBSTANTIAL CHALLENGE TO OHIO FREEDOM TO HOMESCHOOL
By Jim Mason, a member of HSLDA’s litigation team (July 9, 2013)
19. OHIO LAWMAKER SEEKS TAX BREAKS FOR HOMESCHOOLERS:
Amount equal to what they pay for levies in local districts
by Julie Kent, Cleveland Leader (July 13, 2013)