BIBLICAL HOMESCHOOLING is a free, monthly e-mail newsletter of general interest, encouragement, and information for homeschooling Christians edited by Wayne S. Walker, a minister and homeschooling father living in Salem, IL.
Anyone who is interested can subscribe by sending a blank e-mail to email@example.com and then following the instructions that will be sent, or by signing up on the web at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/biblicalhomeschooling/
The table of contents for the May, 2013 (Volume 15, Number 10) issue is as follows:
1. THE FREEDOM TO HOMESCHOOL
By Matthew Hennessey (Published in First Things, 8-17-12)
2. SHALL WE HOMESCHOOL?
From Eagle Forum Education Reporter, January 2013
3. DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION OFFICIAL RIPS STANDARDIZED TESTING, TELLS STUDENTS TO SKIP SCHOOL by Susan Edelman and Candice M. Giove (January 19, 2013)
4. DYING MAINSTREAM MEDIAS SLAMS PRO-HOMESCHOOK, ANTI-TESTING, NY STATE DOE EMPLOYEE by Linda Dobson
5. HOMESCHOOLER’S NEIGHBOR SPARKS SOCIAL SERVICES CASE:
Investigator did ‘drive-by,’ said family was planning to flee
By Alyssa Farah, WND editorial assistant.
6. DO YOU FEAR THE LORD?
by Wayne S. Walker
7. SAUL OF TARSUS (Acts 9:1-9)
By Wayne S. Walker
8. THE HOME SCHOOL VS. THE PUBLIC SCHOOL
Posted by moderndaychris on January 26, 2013
9. ANSWERING THE SAME HOMESCHOOL OBJECTIONS…AGAIN
by Susan Raber (Feb. 2, 2013)
10. HOMESCHOOLER WINS GRAMMY!
By Jen Rogers, Director of Marketing & Communications Phoenix Chorale
11. EDUCATION INNOVATOR LOOKS AT HOMESCHOOLING
By Susan Ryan, via HEM News & Commentary (Wed, Feb. 6, 2013)
12. TEN THOUGHTS BY AN EDUCATOR ABOUT HOMESCHOOLING (AND WHY I’M STILL WORRIED) By Jessica Smock (Posted on January 14, 2013 by School of Smock)
13. WHAT AN EDUCATOR LEARNED FROM HOMESCHOOLING PARENTS
By Jessica Smock (February 4, 2013)
14. WATCHING THE WALLS OF TEXAS:
A team of homeschoolers form the youngest-ever lobbying group at the state Capitol in Austin
By Alyssa Foster, World Magazine
15. HOMESCHOOLING TRANSFORMS THE CITY INTO A CLASSROOM
By Taylor Smith, The Oregonian (February 24, 2013)
16. JUST A HIGH-SCORING FAMILY GUY
By Tim Healey, Globe Correspondent (March 2, 2013)
17. BREWER RALLIES WITH HOMESCHOOLING ADVOCATES AT CAPITOL
By Julia Shumway, Cronkite News (Monday, March 4, 2013)
18. HOMESCHOOLING IN AMERICA: CAPTURING AND ASSESSING THE MOVEMENT
By Joseph Murphy, Corwin Publishers, 2012, $34.95
reviewed in Eagle Forum’s Education Reporter (April, 2013)