BIBLICAL HOMESCHOOLING is a free, e-mail monthly newsletter of general interest, encouragement, and information for homeschooling Christians edited by Wayne S. Walker, a gospel preacher and homeschooling father of Salem, IL. Anyone may subscribe by sending a blank e-mail to email@example.com and then following the instructions that will be sent, or by signing up on the web at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/biblicalhomeschooling/ For more information, you may e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The following item will appear in a future edition:
13. TOP TEN REASONS FOR HOMESCHOOLING
By Wayne S. Walker
10. Your kids are less likely to meet up with kids like Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold (remember Columbine High School in Colorado?).
9. Hence, there are no metal detectors and uniformed security guards through which they must pass at the door.
8. Your child will miss the experience of being taken into the restroom by bullies and beaten up for his lunch money.
7. Students can pursue their own interests by studying things that will actually broaden their horizons rather than only things on the state proficiency tests.
6. There are no lockers where people have to wonder if guns or drugs are hidden.
5. Tons of unnecessary homework don’t ruin every evening’s plans.
4. Socialization and exposure to the evils of the “real world” are done at times and places which are under your control.
3. Children learn more easily in natural situations.
2. Family relationships will be better.
1. A child is too precious to waste.
(And this list doesn’t even cover things like being taught evolutionary theory as fact, immoral sex education including condom use, relativistic “values clarification,” how to get an abortion from Planned Parenthood without your parents’ permission or knowledge, and such like!)