On our Pennsylvania trip, there were several other sites of interest near the places where we visited that were recommended to us or that we saw advertised but simply didn’t have time to include them in our itinerary. Here are some of them.
1. The Gettysburg Diorama and History Center, 241 Steinwehr Ave., Gettysburg, PA 17324; 717/224-6408; www.GettysburgDiorama.com .
2. Paoli Battlefield Historical Park and Memorial Grounds, Monument Ave., P. O. Box 173, Malvern, PA 19355; www.ushistory.org/Paoli (we did see the nearby Historic Waysborough).
3. Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site, 2 Mark Bird Lane, Elverson, PA 19520; 610/582-9535; www.nps.gov/hofu .
4. Pottsgrove Manor, 100 W. King St., Pottstown, PA 18464; 610/326-4014; http://historicsites.montcopa.org/pottsgrovemanor .
5. Rock Ford Plantation, 881 Rockford Rd., Lancaster, PA 17602; 717/392-7223; www.rockfordplantation.org .
6. The Amish Experience at Plain and Fancy Farm, 3121 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird in Hand, PA 17505; 717/768-8400; www.amishexperience.com (we did take the Aaron and Jessica’s Buggy Tour at Plain and Fancy Farm).
7. The Amish Farm and House, 2395 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602; 717/394-6185; www.amishfarmandhouse.com .
8. Ephrata Cloister, 632 W. Main St., Ephrata, PA; 717/733-6600; www.ephratacloister.com .
9. Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, 300 Gap Rd., Strasburg, PA 17579; 717/687-8628; www.rrmuseumpa.org .
10. The National Toy Train Museum, . 300 Paradise Ln., Strasburg, PA 17579; 717/687-1976; www.nttmuseum.org .
11. Strasburg Railroad, 301 Gap Rd., Ronks, PA 17572; 717/687-7522; www.StrasburgRailRoad.com .
12. Hershey Farm, 240 Hartman Bridge Rd., ROnks, PA 17572; 800/827-8635; www.hersheyfarm.com .
13.The Amish Village, Route 896, P. O. Box 115, Strasburg, PA 17579; 717/687-8511; www.800padutch.com/avillage.html .
14. President James Buchanan’s Wheatland, 1120 Marietta Ave., Lancaster County, PA; 717/392-8721; www.wheatland.org .
There is so much to see and do just in the areas of Pennsylvania where we visited that we could have spent another couple of weeks there. But we had a great time.